Wednesday 23 July 2014

Preparation Comes Before Success


I was at an office this previous week, to sort out an issue that had bothered my business for over a month and right there on getting into the building, someone i knew walked into the reception. Apparently he is one of the bosses in the organization but being dressed casually, that fact wasn't obvious. I was polite to him anyway. He asked me why i was there while we had a little chat. He said he was on vacation but checked in briefly to see what was up in the office. On his way out of the building, he told the receptionist to call a particular person and when the guy showed up, he told the guy to attend to the issue and put the bill on him.

After about three hours or there about, the challenge was resolved and an expense paid receipt was issued for me to endorse, acknowledging work well done. Remember my friend had ordered all payments be directed to him on this particular task. Now, that is favor at work! I give thanks to God for sending this wonderful person my way. Remember this guy was on vacation and wasn't meant to be in the office that week as a matter of fact. But God sent him to be a blessing to me. When someone told me about the actual protocol that i was meant to have gone through to even be in that office in the first place, i knew God was good to me.

I walked out of that building with solution and good feeling. I had made new friends and gained some more reasons to believe that people are capable of kindness.

In h
ighlighting the parts i played by my preparation, i would say prayer was the major key.

My prior preparation was prayer. i prayed and i followed the protocol of prayer. Prayer is a begining of the request process. Matthew 7:7 demands that you ASK, SEEK and KNOCK. Some people begin with the asking and don't seek after the knowlege of what it is that they want. To get results you have to know what to seek for so that you would know when you have find it.

Bishop David Oyedepo said "Praying without knowing is playing without knowing."

Secondly i applied the principle of politeness. Everyone appreciates respect. From the security men at the gate of the organization to the reception before my friend walked in, i made sure everyone felt good around me.

Thirdly, i dressed up for the occassion. People respond to outward appearance and i keyed into that fact by making sure i looked professional, feminine and approachable.


Do feel free to share your "preparation for success" tips. Let us know how you made it or how you succeeded. No story is too small or too big to be shared in order to encourage others on their traction to success. 

Gracias! 


No comments:

Post a Comment